top of page

How do I apply for Asylum?

Option A:

If caught by immigration and in immigration proceedings, apply for a Defensive Asylum, which is filed in an Immigration Court.

No more than one year must lapse before filing this Defensive Asylum.

Option B:

If not caught by immigration and less than one year has passed, apply for an Affirmative Asylum, with USCIS directly.

bottom of page