top of page

I came to the U.S. with a K-1 fiancé visa, and I married my U.S. citizen spouse. Now my spouse has become abusive towards me. Will leaving my spouse result in me getting my temporary/conditional U.S. residency revoked?

No, you can divorce or leave your husband/wife and continue with your immigration proceedings to become a permanent resident, and later a U.S. citizen.

bottom of page